Is it time to join the Holt Park Tenants & Residents Association committee ?
Serving on the committee is a great way of making a real difference to your local community.
The next AGM will be held on Thursday, 23rd May 2013, at Ralph Thoresby School, starting at 6:45pm
We are currently looking for both a new chair and treasurer.
Volunteering for a committee is a great way to gain skills, and meet new people.
If you would like to talk to someone or find out more information then please contact Alan Mann on 07901656886 or email email@example.com
This is an exciting year with additional work in the Holt Park Entrance, NGT Metro Trolleybus, Holt Park Regeneration, Holt Park Forum, Holt Park Active, Dreamscheme Activities through Ralph Thoresby School, Film Club, Tea & Coffee Events, Advice Surgeries and much more besides......
HOLT PARK ACTIVE UPDATE - 28th February 2013
Simon Walton from Interserve provided an update on works progress.
- Works progressing very well on site, and despite the weather of recent weeks, progress has been relatively unaffected, other than the odd snowy morning/afternoon!
- Specifics as follows:
- Pool tanks cast and currently under test - Very simple, they are filled and left to "stand" for a period of time to check levels don't drop!
- Roofing and cladding substantially complete, though some "flashings" to copings and eaves awaiting installation.
- Masonry finally complete, except a small "hole" into the plantroom on the "front" elevation which is to be infilled over the next week.
- Mechanical and electrical services progressing very well - first and second works complete and the building is fully "wired" awaiting final decorative finishes to enable sockets, lights and switches etc to be installed.
- Ceramic tiling and painting are progressing to all areas.
- External works - Whilst the bulk of the "sub base" works were completed some time ago to give a clean working platform on site, final kerbing, paving/flagging and tarmacing works start after Easter.
- Street Furniture works to Holt Dale Approach - Materials ordered and we are still awaiting delivery. The works are most definitely are on the "priority" list including the additional barriers discussed and agreed with Highways. We have asked Highways to attend site over the next week or so to give final confirmation of locations etc and would like to think that we are in a position to install around Easter time, though "at this time" this is a target. HOWEVER, the works are not forgotten about and are wrapped up in the "bigger" Section 278 scheme works.
- Demolition/Extg Leisure Centre - ICL takes ownership of the existing facility mid/late March which will see the Demolition phase commence. However, it should be noted that for the first 2 months little will be visible to the outside eye, as soft strip and clearance operations will be undertaken from behind the facade of the centre. Main demolition is planned for mid/late May this year, and prior to this we WILL issue a more detailed methodology of "what" and "when" to keep the local community informed.
- Overall, works remain on programme to ensure "our" completion by mid-September and hence LCC mobilisation and centre-opening thereafter.
Well done Simon and his team for all the hard work they have also put into the local community, such as:
- Cookridge Primary School
- Kids Academy
- Bulb Planting - Holt Park District Shopping Centre
- High Visibility vests for Friends of Lawnswood Cemetery
- Christmas creations for Ralph Thoresby School
Keep watching this page for further updates and photographs. You can also visit the Holt Park Tenants & Residents Association Facebook page where you should click the LIKE button to receive regular updates, including additional activities in your area. You can also go to the Holt Park Today Blog at www.holtparktoday.com
Click on the Holt Park Active News - August 2012 update below to view a full copy of the latest newsletter or click http://www.leeds.gov.uk/sports/Pages/Holt-Park-Active.aspx for a direct link to the NEW Holt Park Active website.
Key contacts for Interserve are:
= Simon Walton - Project Manager - 07918 630556 (More Morley-Office based until site set up, though will be visiting regularly)
= Dave Sewell - Construction Manager - 07776 452398 (TIME SPLIT BETWEEN SITE and MORLEY OFFICE Short Term)
= Andy Price - Works Manager - 07795 222597 (ON SITE FULL TIME
The Holt Park Tenants & Residents Association is an active organisation working on the Holtdale's and the Holt Farm's to make the area a safer and more pleasant place for all to live.
There are monthly meetings held with Housing Officers and representatives from other organisations, who attend on invitation. Next Meeting to be held on Thursday, 25th April 2013 at Ralph Thoresby School, start 6.45pm
Some of the things the Holt Park Tenants & Residents Association have been involved in are:
- Holt Park Entrance Project 2011
- Clean Up Days with West North West Homes
- Working with the Development Department in respect of Traffic Calming Measures for Holtdale Approach
- Holt Park Dreamscheme 2010
- Holt Park Junior Wardens Scheme
- Holt Park Well-Being (Activity) Centre
- Holt Park Tennis Courts
- Tinshill Recreation Pitches
- Farrar Lane Older Peoples Homes
Holt Park on Wikipedia
Holt Park Tenants & Residents Assn
- Winners of the 2010 Award for Best Tenants
& Residents Association in West North West Leeds
West North West homes Leeds - Gold Standard Awards 2011
Winners - Mentoring
Winners - Involving the Community
Winners - Good Governance
Community Stars Award - Green Initiative 2012 (Winner)
LEEDS TENANTS FEDERATION
VOLUNTARY ACTION LEEDS
WEST NORTH WEST HOMES LEEDS
SANCTUARY HOUSING ASSOCIATION (NORTH)
WEST NORTH WEST EQUALITY & DISABILITY NETWORK